Sport & Recreational Club Council
What We Do
The Mission & Goal of the Sports & Recreational Club Council and Executive Board are to:
- Be an Open Resource for Sport & Recreational Club Students, Officers, Coaches or Team Leaders, and Supporting Sports & Recreational ClubAdministrations.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration between Clubs and supporting Sports & Recreational Club Administrations.
- Educate, mentor, network, and learn from each other.
- Participate in joint fundraising, gain collective club awareness on campus, boost camaraderie.
- Build momentum for sponsorships.
- Support clubs to overcome challenges and operate sustainably.
Who We Serve
The Sports & Recreational Club Council and Executive Board will provide a place for all active Sport & Recreational Clubs at the University of New Mexico to feel welcomed, supported, recognized, and have access to the tools necessary to succeed.
The Sports & Recreational Club Council meets on a monthly basis during the Fall and Winter semesters, to address matters that impact the program. It will be comprised of 1-2 representatives from each club and the Executive Board.
Executive Board MembersJessica Bennett, President
Hi, I’m Jessica Bennett, acting President of the Sport & Recreational Club Council. I'm studying Sociology and Management with the hopes of pursuing DEI work in a professional hockey organization's front office. Club Sports have great potential, and I look forward to spearheading teams' funding, recruitment, and outreach efforts. On campus, I'm also an ASUNM Senator on the Finance Committee and active member of both the Psi Chapter of Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc., and the Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society. When I'm not studying, you can find me at a hockey game, reading, running, or trying a new restaurant!Marshall Salz, Marketing Chair
I’m Marshall Salz, Freshman, from Dallas, Texas; I’ve played almost every sport under the sun and find joy in that I’m 19 years old and currently play rugby for our school and I’m the starting prop. I believe I have the savvy in marketing to grow club sports and make it a more popular and exciting option on campus. I’m also the Vice President and Social Media Chair for the Men’s Rugby Football Club. I bring passion, an open mind, and patience to the Sport & Recreational Club Council to make sure things are done correctly.