UNM Affiliate Rec Card

Recreational Services at the University of New Mexico offers educational groups Johnson Center access. The center contains a weight/cardio room, Olympic pool, Therapy pool, and several basketball courts.


$40.00 per semester.
One time $10.00 processing fee for all new or dropped Rec. Card applications.

New Applicant Procedure

  • For all first time applicants you must sign-up in person.
  • Bring verification documents to our office and/or have your name on a list for Department Affiliation groups.
    • Verifications:
    • Must be currently enrolled at an institution of higher education that is affiliated with the University of New Mexico.   
    • For CNM Students a current schedule of classes with 6-credit hours or more and a $0.00 balance. 
    • For CNM Faculty or Staff a letter on a CNM letterhead verifying employment. 
    • For Branch Campus: If you are a branch student a class schedule for the current semester is required.  If you are a branch employee a letter on a UNM letterhead verifying employee status is required. 
    • Visiting professor must have a letter on a UNM letterhead from the department that he/she is affiliated with.
  • Fill out a new rec card application.
  • You will be issued a temporary recreation pass for one week. After one week you will be issued an electronic LoboCard to access the facility.

* Rec Card only available for the affiliate.  Not available to the spouse, domestic partner or dependent on the student.

Rec Card Renewal

To renew your Rec Card you can pay online or at our office inside Johnson Center, Room 1102. You will need to fill out a renewal application in order to update your Rec Card.