UNM Passport Rec Card

Recreational Services at the University of New Mexico offers a spouse or domestic partner of a UNM Students, Faculty & Staff of UNM to access Johnson Center. The center contains a weight/cardio room, Olympic pool, Therapy pool, and several basketball courts.


$40.00 per semester.
A one time $10.00 processing fee for all new or dropped Rec. Card applications.

New Applicant Procedure

  • Both parties must be present when applying for the Rec Card. 
  • Bring your verification with a photo ID to Recreational Services, Johnson Center Room 1102.
    • Verifications:
    • Spouse - must provide proof of marriage with a marriage license.
    • Dependent  (18-25 years of age) -  proof of same residency is required (drivers licenses preferred). 
    • Domestic Partner - must complete affidavit of domestic partnership.
  • After signing up, in 4 business days come back to the office to pick up a slip to have your ID made at the LoboCard Office.

Faculty & Staff Spouses are eligible for a locker in Johnson Center.

Rec Card Renewal

To renew your Rec Card you can pay online or at our office inside Johnson Center, Room 1102. You will need to fill out a renewal application in order to update your Rec Card.