Activity and meeting spaces within Recreation Services, Johnson Center is available for reservation. With a range of basketball courts, fitness studios, meeting/classrooms rooms, and outdoor spaces, Recreational Services is the prime venue to host your event.
Due to UNM Limited Operations and COVID-19 safety concerns, facility rentals are temporarily postponed. Requests are still being accepted but no action will be taken until UNM lifts restrictions.
Facility Rental Request Form
Please complete a Reservation Request using the following link, ems.unm.edu. Once submitted, Recreational Services will review the reservation request to determine available space. A preliminary quote will be sent within 3 business days of submitting the request.
- Completing and submitting this request does not guarantee a reservation. All events must be contracted through The Regents of The University of New Mexico: Recreational Services at least 2 weeks prior to the requested event date(s). Only upon final approval a confirmation will be issued.
- Cancellations and/or changes to reservation times must be communicated to the Recreational Services Facility Scheduler/Coordinator.
- Contract Approval is dependent on space and staff availability.
- Non-university affiliated individuals or groups (or events open to the public) must provide a proof of insurance certificate indicating single-liability insurance in which the University of New Mexico is named as an additional insured in the amount of $1 million covering bodily injury, including death, and property damage.
Use of the Facility
- Meeting and activity spaces inside of the Johnson Center, as well as the outdoor spaces (Intramural Fields) are reserved through the Recreational Services.
- Outside our primary constituents (Intramurals & Sport Clubs), we do not reserve the Recreational gyms during peak operating hours.
- UNM Departments, Student Organizations and outside groups will be scheduled on a first come – first serve basis. Recreational Services will strive to meet the needs of the UNM community.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited from all events and this is a tobacco-free campus.
- Sports equipment can be reserved with the Recreational Services Department:
Recreational Services can supply a variety of equipment for event usage (please see list of available equipment).
- The equipment must be requested in advance, at the time of scheduling.
- Some equipment is of a limited quantity. It may be determined that the group may be responsible for contracting equipment rental outside of UNM.
- Each event is responsible for the equipment assigned to it. A replacement cost will be charged for any damage or loss of equipment.
- Varying rates are assessed dependent on an individual/group association with UNM and the intent of use for the reserved space. Individuals/Groups will be charged accordingly.
- Facility Coordinator and Janitorial fees may apply to rentals.
- Recreational Services reserves the right to move a group to another space that adequately meets their needs.
- Food sales (Concessions): The Sale and/or serving of food on the campus requires a New Mexico Environmental Department Permit (at your expense) and must be displayed during your event. The telephone number for the State Environmental Department is (505) 222-9513.
- Facility requests are submitted via the facility request form located at ems.unm.edu.
- All reservation requests will be considered when received 2 weeks prior to the event. Requests received after the 2 week deadline will be accommodated when possible.
- Recreational Services reserves the right to decline any request.
An email will be sent within three business days after the initial request with status of confirmation. If confirmation or status update is not received within three business days of the initial reservation request date, please contact Recreational Services at (505) 277-3735.
- Changes to confirmed reservations will be considered when requested timely.
- Submit change requests electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charges may apply for changes if applicable.
- Event cancellation can be made at any time. Cancellation charges, may apply if applicable.
- Events may be canceled due inclement nature or other conditions beyond reasonable control of the client or Recreational Services.
Invoice and Payment Policy
UNM Department and Student Organizations:
A final invoice will be sent via email no later than 5 days after the conclusion of the event. Payment/ internal PR must be received within 30 days of the invoiced date.
Non UNM Affiliate Groups:
Payment is required in-full at least 24 hours prior to the day of the event. If payment is not received as stipulated, the event will be canceled. Cancellation fees will be assessed as per the “Cancellation Policy”.