The Getaway Adventure Program offers instructional,educational and recreational excursions and clinics such as cross country skiing, hiking, rock climbing, camping and white water rafting. Other trips include ancient cliff dwelling exploration and art gallery tours.
Getaway Adventures Schedule
Register For Getaway Adventures
Getaway Participant Letters
Getaway Adventures FAQ
- Why do I need to give my date of birth when I register?
This is for insurance purposes so they can easily identify you if needed and will not get confused with the 20 other Jane Doe’s in the system.
- Why do I need to explain what my physical level needs and strengths are when I register?
Many trips with Getaway Adventures require endurance and stamina. For example, if you have just had major surgery, it would not be appropriate for you to go on some of our trips due to associated risks. In such cases, you may need a doctor's release to participate on our trips.
- What is the refund policy?
There are no refunds for “no shows” or cancellations that occur less than 7 days prior to a trip. We base our costs on a minimum for trip leaders, gas, reservations and entrance fees. We still have to pay those fees whether you show up or not. This refund policy also applies to those who paid using Tuition Remission.
- Can I bring my pet on the trip?
Sorry, no pets are allowed in University vehicles.
* If you have anymore question, please email Laura Montoya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getaway Adventures Tuition Remission
Tuition remission personal enrichment benefits available for full time faculty and staff.
- Spouses cannot use tuition remission for Getaway Adventures.
- University Hospital employees are not eligible to use the tuition remission for Getaway Adventures.
Refer to UNM Business Policies concerning tuition remission.
Laura Montoya – Coordinator
Maria Gigliotti – Getaway Assistant