Skip to main content

UNM Alumnus Rec Card

Recreational Services offers access to Johnson Center to graduate alumni of UNM for use of the facility during open recreation hours. The center features a weight/cardio room, three pools, racquetball courts and several basketball courts. Below are the procedures and process in order to obtain an active Rec Card. 


$25.00 per month
One time $10.00 processing fee for all new or dropped Rec. Card applications

New Applicant Procedure

  • 24-hours before sign-up, contact Alumni Relations for your verification letter (277-5808). They will e-mail Recreational Services with a verification letter.
  • Fill out a Rec. Card application at Recreational Services inside Johnson Center, Room 1102.
  • Pay Rec. Card fee(s).
  • You will be issued a Temporary Recreation Pass for one week, after that return to our office with your issued Temporary Recreation pass. You will then be given a slip to take to the LoboCard office to get your electronic LoboCard.

Alumnus Passport

In order to qualify for a alumnus passport you must be a Spouse, Domestic Partner and/or Dependent (18-25 years of age) of a UNM Alumnus with an active Rec Card for the purchasing months as the passport.
Proof of marriage is required for sign-up. (Marriage certificate)

Rec Card Renewal

To renew your Rec Card you can pay online or at our office inside Johnson Center, Room 1102. You will need to fill out a renewal application in order to update your Rec Card.